Last week I had a huge complication thrown into my life, Iron poisioning. During the past month I started a new supplement and I guess it threw out my iron levels. When I left my doctors last Monday I had strict directions to rest.
Yes, my doctor knows my hectic chaotic life but my body really needed to relax and restore itself.
Ends up I am really bad at resting. By mid Tuesday I had to enforce a few rules:
no social media postings
Hard, so hard for me to do! My usual nap time crunch to get things done turned into sitting on the couch, crocheting and watching TV. I did this for three days last week and learned a few things about myself.
- A rested mom can handle behaviour issues way better.
- The house will be fine if the To Do list doesn’t get done.
- A rested mom is a fun mom.
- In the long well multitasking can be exhausting.
- A rested mom’s nerves can go with the flow better.
Getting sick wasn’t fun but it really opened my eyes to how much I need to start making rest a priority. So even though I could start doing the mad rush to get things done today, I won’t. Instead I will take time to rest.
How about you do you push rest to the side to get things done too?